In the month of September each year the Student Council Facilitator, Mr Ó'Súilleabháin, facilitates the election of students to the S.C. The S.C. through their meetings with senior management, middle management and staff members has a direct consultative input into decisions which affect students.
The objectives of the S.C. are:
- To promote and develop the educational, social and cultural welfare of all students.
- To provide students with a framework within which decisions may be democratically arrived at and implemented.
- To co-operate with authority for the proper conduct of School Affairs.
- To represent views of students to the Teaching Staff and the School Authorities.
- To actively involve and interest all students in extra-curricular activities such as games, concerts, musicals, drama, quizzes, school magazine, debates, inter-class competitions, charitable organisations etc.
All meetings of the S.C. are attended by the Student Council Facilitator. The Deputy Principal and Principal attend these meetings on a regular basis.
Student Council Constitution
Student Council Election Procedures
Members of this year's Student Council
Student Council Photographs
Student Council Report 2015-2016
Archive of Student Council Reports